Monday, May 26, 2008

Lundi Memorial Day

Editilla Rides Amongst'yaz!
Well, I have to make this fast. No laptop and I can't afford to hang on this cyber'cafeity cool as i'tis. Flora is my jumping off place. I used to run a fresh juice bar here up until 911 and of course business for anyone named Ali went south after that, so I went to work for Benny the Iranian Jew down the street selling Mardi Gras beads nationwide for Mardi Gras Zone. I was bike'delivering food for the Turks at Angeli on Decatur when the storm hit.
I will be performing my music tomorrow night at Neutral Grounds Coffee House on Daneel Street at 7pm. Please come...I consider it heart and soul fine art and hope you all will too. I also plan to donate the proceeds of my set to the FYYFF fund so I hope one of Y'all comes too. I just haven't had the time or inclination to push this on this site or get emails around to some of youz so...
Tuesday, May 27th/7pm.
Have to go...clock is ticking at the Cyber Cafe. If any of youz have laptop that you may want to get rid of cheap please let me know.
Thanks all,
Editilla O'rilla d'Aphasia

4 comments:

oyster said...

Hey, it's great to hear you'll be playing in town! Thanks in advance for your generosity.

You da man!

New Orleans Ladder said...

I am hoping someone will be there to take the money.
I don't know what to say since that levee is failing right now.

Leigh C. said...

E D'A, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it. My little guy is recovering from a cold and I had to make sure he got to bed early. I hope it went well, and I hope not to miss the next occasion that comes up to see you.

Be well and have a safe trip.

New Orleans Ladder said...

Hey Leigh, thanks for the holler. Sorry about yer boy getting sick. They do that and sometimes they spit too:) Often times your child's cold can be harder on you and that is before they give you whatever they have.
Thanks though for the rsvp.
None of you guys came, so I just rolled the money up in a piece of paper, wrote upon it: fuck you you fucking fucks and nailed it to the telephone pole outside the coffee house: 5110 Danneel St.

It was a good show. The director of Levees.org, Sandy, came and that was so great to finally meet her. Sharp lady no lie. She actually went to the 17th Street Leak today to see what I was talking about.

I am not really sure that I care any longer whether anyone takes my advise to go check out for themselves that obviously failing levee. If flowing water did not get y'all's attention the first time then I doubt it will now.
I mean, what y'all talk about at your conference if/when that levee fails again this summer is your business.