~MODIS / Aqua satellite image, May 27, 2010
BP's ballyhooed "top kill" process fails, forces officials to attempt yet another strategy
~Why is Coast Guard Admiral Mary Landry UNDERSTATING OIL COASTAL IMPACT AREA?
This is the Press Conference Download (Audio only) from today's latest BP Fail Announcement. NOTE: This took a little while to download but I gotta a lot of stuff going on too.
Landy's response to the Why of Managing Public Expectation, makes her sound like the Daughter of Dr. Strangelove. I've never heard such complicated double'think bull shit in my life.
Oh No... this is pretty bad. Mary Landry is Very Bad.
My brain has fallen and I can't get up!
~In sum, the testimony so far shows:
- BP's engineer struggling to address problems in the days leading up to the explosion.
- On the day of the explosion, BP had to be persuaded to do tests that suggest issues with the well's cement.
- BP sent home a crew that could do a definitive test on the cement without performing the assessment.
- BP apparently insisted on using nitrogen-infused cement at a depth the rig hadn't ever used it before, over Transocean's objection.
- BP executives have refused to testify.
- This is all set against the backdrop of BP rushing to finish the well.
- BPGlobalPR -FREE BP SUNDAY! Tomorrow only! Come get 1 free thing! Simply come in, select an item, say "thanks bp" to the cashier and leave! #bpcares
Federal environmental officials say more than 700 dead animals have been collected in latest Gulf of Mexico wildlife report
62 oiled birds saved; most dead birds not oily
At Pass a Loutre, oil seeps deep into Louisiana marshlands
Tropical Storm Agatha ~NE @ 6mph
Verti Marte burns!~Gambit
Social Aide and Pleasure Club Task Force Second Line Sunday 3-5pm~Red Cotton, Gambit