Tuesday, June 12, 2012

 Commitments of the Corporate Class ~American Zombie~Today (just turned today @ 12:05 am) is going to be a bloodbath at the TP.  I am as horrified as the next New Orleanian who pays attention and loves this city.  I fully realize the impact this has on the future of of New Orleans.  I am actually more horrified than most everyone else because I am about to become a Flying Wallenda without a fucking safety net.
That's not to say that I haven't wanted to smack the shit out of some people at the TP in the past, as I know they have me.  Still, we are part of the same tribe.  I may be a "know-mad" but I also need to know the badasses are on the hill, keeping the campfire lit.  I need to look UP and see the flames churning.


Rolling the Dice at the 'Times-Picayune'



The Lens honored with Murrow Award for investigative report!

New Orleans Saints: 3 Reasons They Will Get Through This Tough Time ~Marques Eversoll

What’s ten billion dollars between friends? ~Disenfranchised Citizen

Sheriff: Dad kills daughter's alleged molester

New Orleans steps up mosquito fight

GuLF Study: Oil Spill Workers, largest health study of its kind

Bob Dylan on New Orleans ~Good Reads
~Hat Tweet~

Alex Woodward on the history and legacy of the Music Box

Why Food Trucks Have It So Tough In New Orleans ~Micheline Maynard

Always Hungry in Philadelphia: Adventures in Orwellian Policy ~He Said/She Said NOLA

Creoles and Zydeco ~Judy B, NOLAFemmes

John Fogerty Re-Records “Proud Mary” at Piety Street Studios with Allen Toussaint ~John Swenson, offBeat

No comments: