Thursday, April 24, 2008

Jeudi Jazz Fest Opens

New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival 2008 ~Susan Cowsill to open Acura Stage, 11am ~ Schedule

Flood Stage Levels, current 'real-time' guage readings~USGS

Mississippi River cresting and Corps prepares to close Spillway

Over the wire or under the wig – ex parte is ex parte
~slabbed: v- blown down, knocked down, or just down. n- name of a blog
~Editilla slabbin'begs ta'diffa~
slabbed, when uncoupled wit'da the verbage of Johnny Dangerously, takes on yet a whole nnnnuther meaning...that of getting "Forkin'Forked up!" or "Forked down, Mon."
But for yer oh'so humble Editorilla, CEO of "Nouns-Are-Us", it has become much more than the lower-case name of a simple blog,
but a fine woid to describe
da'State of da'Forkin Blog'Fugee Parrrt'ay Today!
Light, Tight and Ready to Fight!
Quiche Capiche? Sinn Féin, Noble Slabbers!


Why the Feds Should Pay to Protect New Orleans -- And It's Not Me Saying So
~Harry Shearer


Hi Nina, let's Rock'N'Roll!
[Editilla notes~Gentle'Rillas, if one were to wunda for my sanity in general, my peculiar fetish for buggerin'hyphens, my near livid hatred of the Exquixotic Corps of Engineers, Republicans and Pedophiles, you might also enjoy my bent regarding la'differance twix an asshole with a computer, a blogger with an attitude and someone who witnessed the Crucifixion of New Orleans...

Dear Mr. Bices,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your quick response and I am very happy that you agreed to talk to me.
I found your link at "Burmese bloggers without borders" and liked your site, that is why I contacted you.
Talking via email is good to me and also the easiest. Do you prefer getting a list or answer one question by one? I actually prefer rather talking to each other step by step or in an open way about thoughts, assesments etc. But that ist up to you.
First, I will tell you a little bit more about me. I am 32 years old and am doing my studies in Hamburg, Germany. I have been to South East Asia a few times already, but never have been to Burma yet (what is my plan for this or next year). Still I am very interested and concerned about what is happening in Burma and for the last two years it got my main focus in cultural anthropology. That is also why I decided to write my final work (degree: Magister, something like Master I think) about Burma. I admire the courage and energy of the burmese political activists in and out of the country and want to know more.

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
The Lady-photo
At that moment, if you agree, I would like to know, how you became a blogger, how you got in touch with the burmese bloggers' community and why you fell in love with the people and the country.

Thank you very much for your help and interest,
Nina
[Editilla responds sans pseudonym or face paint]
Hi Nina,
let's Rock'N'Roll.
Here you go...
~This time last year I did not even know how to spell 'blogger', did not own a computer, and never thought that a year later I would be answering such a question.
It all started with Harry Shearer.
~More here
~and lagniappe
Personal info altered for confidentiality.
McCain Backer Hagee Still Blaming New Orleans' Sin for Katrina

McCain suffering from “Political Alzheimer’s” on Hurricane Katrina~PrideDEPOT.com

~McCain Ate Cake While Americans Were Drowning


Hurricane Katrina: A GOP Success Story
~Hot Potato Mash


It's official: Hurricane Katrina chased out a huge chunk of N.O. voters, remaking the region's electoral landscape


August dealine proposed for removal of FEMA trailers


Ken Foster and the Sula Foundation event
~Voices of New Orleans


Tulane doctor wins U.S. Congress' highest honor

SBS Disaster Recovery - Finished
~MPECS Inc


'Rising Water': Hurricane Katrina gets personal


Thursday Book Round-up
~Chasing Ray


Jazz Orchestra channels New Orleans' past~The Columbus Dispatch

The Edge hosts charity auction amid work on new U2 album

Icons of Music Auction II

Four-time Grammy Award winner Aaron Neville, who has joined the Music Rising campaign and helped bring major attention to some of the charity work being done in New Orleans today, will appear at the Icons of Music Sale II and perform at the evening session. Neville, who with his family, lost everything in the storms of Katrina brings a unique personal experience to Music Rising and will give guests a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness his great musicianship when he brings the spirit of New Orleans to the auction.
WWOZ ~ WTUL
GAMBIT
~ NOMENU

No comments: