Thursday, May 1, 2008

Jeudi~May Day

Boot Up for the Big Easy
~NY Times


Gratitude to the New York Times
~Mr. Clio


Jazz Fest Shabbat
~Liptraps Lament - The Line


Reporting from Beaujolais Street
~Yourright Hand Thief


Renaissance Village Set to Close

~Reach Out For New Orleans


Architecture students develop two projects in New Orleans ~Design/build class creates chicken coop for God's Vineyard Community Garden, rehab plan for Good Work Network.

Bloggers Roundtable for, Thursday 01 May~DoD LIVE

Louisiana hurricane recovery contractor pays CEO $1.5M bonus - Update


Reading The Pictures: American Bombing Of Sadr City: Like Qana, But Without The Attention?~Michael Shaw
~Editilla sad and sorry~You may ask yourself what this has to do with New Orleans News? For me I guess it revolves around forgotten or buried deadly informative events in our country's history. Perhaps Gentle'Rillas have not forgotten there is a war on but perchance people don't realize that we are regularly bombing poor children. This is who we are bombing right now! Today, while you sit and read this, this very minute children are being bombed. Children.
This picture immediately reminded me of the dead child I saw during the first week of the federal flood of New Orleans. Indeed I have fallen into visual dark and inescapable review of all the dead I saw during what I euphemistically refer to as "The Troubles".
I can even smell it now. I could smell it then from about 30 feet away. Can you imagine what it must smell like in Sader City.
She was about 4 feet long, lying face up in what looked to be about 3 feet of moving water over near the canal. No parents there. No one there. I could not get to her and even if I could have there was no where to take the body. I did not know what or where or why to do any thing because there was no thing. No morgue, no hospital, no funeral home...I do not know how long she had lain there. You had to get somewhere before nightfall and the dark fell across the New Orleans like a rat bag, so I left her there...in the fading sunset. Then I left the City That Care Forgot and the Presidente left for Dead. No one needs to fucking talk to me about living here or dying there. Americans need to get their goddamned heads out of their drugged asses and look around.
Children...we're bombing children. JESUS WEPT!!!
That is not the warrior's way but the grasp of the coward.

SPP/NAFTA boosters on the defensive in New Orleans~rabble news


Flood Stage Levels, current 'real-time' guage readings
~USGS


Jazz Fest OZ'Schedule
~Kermit Ruffins, Randy Newman, Widespread Panic...

Jazz Fest OZ'Blog

WWOZ
~WTUL
GAMBIT
~NOMENU


No comments: