Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Harry Shearer to Accuse Media of Mythmaking at National Press Club
~Shearer says he hopes to "enhance the feeling of shame among practitioners" in the press, whom he says have a "blindness to accuracy." He will argue that the nation's top editors and producers are "notoriously herd-oriented, cling to first-draft versions of news stories, and are reluctant to adjust news narratives when new facts come to light."

The Times Picayune
gets a Levees.org Seal of Approval on Mardi Gras Day

Newly built flood-protection levee has cracks

Built to Spill~Gambit
~In Louisiana, fewer than one in 100 oil spills result in any fine whatsoever — so why should an oil company clean up after itself?

Wrongly tagged street artist takes on the BP Oil Disaster
~Florida Oil Spill Law

~Charlotte said...The street art was not done by Banksy but by Mobile street artists Priest. I made the same mistake months ago and hear from both Priest and Rex with the clarification. March 9, 2011 9:14 AM

Ninth Ward Community Garden Grand Opening~Nola Green Roots

Treme Brass Band's classic 'I Got a Big Fat Woman' is reissued~Keith Spera

Herman Ernest, longtime Dr. John drummer, dies of cancer

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

The street art was not done by Banksy but by Mobile street artists Priest. I made the same mistake months ago and hear from both Priest and Rex with the clarification.

Editilla the Pun said...

Wow! Thank you!

I've posted your comment directly beneath the pic, rather than pull the post so perhaps others will now of this mistake.

I will also contact Florida Oil Spill blog about this.

Do you have a link to Priest? I will contact them directly as well.

TravelingMermaid said...

He's on FaceBook and Flickr. In fact, here's the link to the same artwork you show on his Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/priestart/4597447789/

Editilla the Pun said...

Thanks yous. I'll link this into Priest's name.
Rex gave me the artist's email, so I'm awaiting a response.

If priest wants me to pull the post then no prob, but for now I'm leaving as is to warn off others.

Charlotte Hamrick said...

He was very gracious when I contacted him when I posted it on my blog. I just corrected the attribution and he was fine with that.

New Orleans Ladder said...

I decided to correct the entire lede, and commented at Florida Oil Spill Law with your link.

I'm really falling for this Artist!