Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Caminada shoreline restoration project is ready to go, corps says
~Mark Schleifstein


You Pop the Popcorn, We'll Send the Movies~Gulf Restoration Network

Permanent pumps slip to Katrina 10th anniversary~Fix the Pumps

In the Absence of A Giant: A Personal Remembrance of Ray Deter
~The Good Beer Seal
~Hat Tweet

The Jefferson Parish Politico Mafioso: A reign of uninterrupted criminal malfeasance and ‘quid pro quo’ corruption part 2. A Whitmergate guest post ~Slabbed

New Orleans' new deputy mayor to oversee recreation, sanitation, permitting ~Michelle Krupa

School Daze: Reimagining Learning in New Orleans with Skillshare
~INVADE NOLA


New public comment rules inspire confusion as well as criticism
~Karen Gadbois, The Lens


NOPD Commander under investigation and reassigned ~WVUE

House arrest ends Wednesday for Edwin Edwards ~WWL

New Orleans' recycling effort not a waste, but has a long way to go

Paint Recycling Coordinator Job Opening at The Green Project

~Hat Tweet Capt. John Swallow~RT : There's that 42,000 gallon figure again. hmmm> Cleanup effort underway after (PBS)
~ ~MODIS satellite image on June 14 captures Conoco-Phillips in China's Bohai Bay -

Get hip to Holy Cross
~Uptown Messenger


Zack Kopplin of RepealCreationism Speaks on High School Activism

Wild dog pack in Mid-City ~Gambit

10-pound Chihuahua is snatched by coyote in City Park

Deconstructing the Season 2 Finale of 'Treme' with Coco Robicheaux and Mike Kimmel~NOLA DEFENDER
~“I tell ya, they’re some of the nicest people I ever worked with. I’ve worked on a lot different movies and TV shows, and they’re the nicest people I ever met. They even let me drink one time, and I know that’s a big no no. We were filming so long one time at Apple Barrel and I said, ‘Man, I don’t really need any, but I sure would like one.’ And then they called me back, so I knew it was alright. Beautiful people. I think it’s done such good stuff for the city and the people.”

Suit lobs curve in snowball fight

New Orleans' Best Bars 2011 ~Gambit

Ideal Market ~Blackened Out

Grayson Capps, “Coconut Moonshine”
~A behind the lyrics interview by Davis Inman for American Songwriter.

No comments: