Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dimanche


Grey Ghost busted! Radtke to face judge
~Doug MacCash

~According to witnesses, the MPs scolded Radtke and took him away in a patrol car. However, once he arrived at the police station, he was released without being booked. Later Thursday night, Major Bernedine Kelly, Commander of NOPD's Fifth District, reviewed the incident and issued a summons to Mr. Radtke.
Editilla Demures~ Angola Baby! God Help'Ya!

Aaahh Jeez Louie!
Hat T'n'T~Mosquito Coast

Peace march to honor N.O. victims of violence

Three parishes to hold final Masses~Bruce Nolan
Special Thanks~Krewe of Truth

A Huge Week for Church of All Souls~The Bishop's Blog

New Orleans celebrates its first Eruv~"An Eruv is an incredibly exciting venture for any Jewish community," said Rabbi Uri. "But our ability to construct an Eruv here is yet another green flag that the Jewish community of New Orleans is growing in a serious way and is perhaps one of the most engaging and exciting Jewish communities in America."

Chaplains on the River




Gumbo Granny Blogs From the Bayou for Obama
~Georgianne Nienaber


Colleges paid for evacuees' addiction maintenance medicine


New Orleans Groups, Leaders Make Big Housing Push ~BBuzz

Paulson’s purse and
Steve Bartlett’s plan~slabbed


Naomi Klein Interview ~OpEdNews

Peripheral Milit Urb 26 ~Subtopia
~Editilla Notellas~Drawn to this site by this article.

Could a levee save the island?
~Editilla Consuellas~And they call Us crazy?

Maybe Government Didn't Learn Much From Katrina ~Dan Hicks

'Living shorelines' eyed to stop coastal erosion ~Gary Mitchel

Mon River dam project likely to balloon to $1.5B
~"The $750 million project that began in 1995 and was to be finished in 2004 has morphed into a delayed effort that will not be finished until at least 2022 at a cost of $1.5 billion," said Stephen R. Fritz of the Corps of Engineers and the project's manager. And, the work could be prolonged even further and cost even more, Fritz said.
~Editilla Krewellas~We just want everyone to know that Louisiana ain't nothin'special.
The Corps of Engineers ain't partial to screwing our Grand Dame.
The Exquixotic Corps is an Equal Opportunity Impaler.

ERDC named lab of the year second time in a row
~The Vicksburg Post

~Corps facility has gotten honor 10 times since '89

Starbucks to help perk up N.O.
~Jaquetta White


Who wants to take part in building New Orleans'
first culinary incubator?
~The Kitchen at Colton

Hi New Orleans News Ladder,
you've been sent the following by a Chowhound moderator:
Sorry, but your posts were removed because we don't permit the use of our message boards to publicize even good causes and non-profit events.

We're 100 percent behind the effort to support what sounds like a great organization, but we cannot allow announcements about the event on our site. You see, if we allow you to do it, we've got to allow everyone to do it,
(Oh God Forbid!) and we have neither the time nor the resources to vet events or groups in order to decide what's a worthy cause or chowtastic event, and what's unworthy or offensive or scammy--or just plain commercial hype.
(Editilla Notellas~It took me more time to contact "vet" the subject of Chowhound's bite, the Kitchen at Colton, than it did for Chowhound to pull our posts and contact me with this missive... all of 30 seconds!)

As you know, we strive to make Chowhound a non-commercial place where people can freely exchange chow tips without wading through ads or agenda-driven hype, or hype of any kind, for that matter. Unfortunately, this means we must exclude the good along with the bad. We appreciate your understanding our position.
~To wit'yer oh'so humbled Editilla Responded:
Have you lost your mind?
Are you kidding me?
I do not understand why Chowhound has pulled my post on The Kitchen at Colton, or why they pulled my comment referring this eater to that fine effort, or why they disallowed my enthusiastic Kudoes for The Hooka Cafe's owner's offer / recommendation which still stands btw.
This is sudden and rude in its procedural disaffection.
I have always just enjoyed Chowhound and see nothing in my posts to have warranted this action.
I do not understand.

I thought we were supposed to celebrate the thing here...
--help each other out...Hold the Line.
It is with great regret that I pull all links to Chowhound from my own daily blog ala Groucho Marx.
I just wanted to have fun here, nothing else.
The New Orleans Ladder is All About Helping.

I will not support Chowhound
if Chowhound will not support New Orleans Food!
You have broken my heart, Chowhound.
Please finish this hatchet job and Pull My Membership Too.
Pull my library card, my leg, hell pull my finger too, but...
"As God is my Wetness I shall nevah go hungrey agaiyn!"
Editilla~New Orleans Ladder

~~And another thing, do you see Any advertisements on the New Orleans Ladder? No.
What you do see is there because we love it our city.
We care. We still Believe in the Saints.
You will never see any advertisements here.
Given your own garish fetish for Swanson Ads,
Please do not try to tell us you are non-commercial.
Why anger someone --like you have now? That is silly.
NO SOUP FOR YOU CHOWHOUND!

~Mai Tai Cocktail Gelée~
Photo: Lori Lynn
Foodbuzz 24, 24, 24:
Gourmet Retro Dinner Party
~TaStE WiTH ThE EyEs


They'll never know...
~Musti's Blawg


Mardi Gras in New Orleans
~History is made at night


Abita Springs taps into folklore
~Benjamin Alexander-Bloch


Sheraton New Orleans Hotel Exhibits Jack Robinson Photographs ~NOPA
~More from Liz Goliwas Bodet

Featured Freeware: Jazz Radio

5 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Dear New Orleans Ladder:

First of all, thank you for visiting my food blog, Taste With The Eyes. I followed your comment back to your site here. Imagine my surprise when I saw my photograph of Mai Tai Cocktail Gelée on your blog and a link to my post of the Gourmet Retro Dinner Party!

The dinner does include a dish from Noramae, who is from New Orleans, and I do appreciate the link. But if you are going to use my photography, I would, however, respectfully appreciate a photo credit, as it is copyrighted material, and requires written permission to legally copy. If you are amenable to posting the photo credit, I am more than happy to allow you to use this photograph on your blog. Mai Tai Cocktail Gelée was a big hit at the party, and we are happy to share!

Respectfully submitted,

Lori Lynn
http://tastewiththeeyes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks, Ms Lynn!
We love your blog too!

I hope it works now. If not then I can pull the pic easily enough and leave the article there all alone, with no Mai Tai Cocktail Gelée, sigh
.
How ironic as we do try to honor folks work here and Usually you can click on the photos we hang and they go linked to source and I do try to honor copyrights with bylines and all that when it seems necessary.
One way or another we try to link back. Please forgive my drooling, but you reminded me of how he used to make Hurricane Popcicles.

I should have contacted you and hope this entire public conversation + the Photo credit above works satisfies.

Lori Lynn said...

Perfect. Thank you so much.

I appreciate your understanding and quick response.

Now, let's have a Mai Tai!

Lori Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oh Boy! Thanks again, Ms Lynn!

You really should try the Hurricane Popcicles, just make Hurricanes and freeze'em on sticks --but you gotta freeze them really cold!
Mmmmmm...

Unknown said...

I wish you would post your story about Chowhound or allow me to post it on my Facebook Group page "Chowhound's Disaffected Speak Out" at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119903464700160&v=app_2373072738#!/group.php?gid=119903464700160&v=wall
I'm hoping to make an impression on Chowhound management that policies and moderation need to change!
Thanks!