Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mardi~Let's Roll!

Playing the Inside Game...
--A Cautionary Tale
~Harry Shearer

~Obama's remarks about New Orleans during the campaign were anodyne boilerplate, and what he's giving us now is more of the same. He won't even do the obligatory photo-op in the city on 8/29; he told the Times-Picayune he'll come down "before the end of the year". He didn't say which year.
~Editilla Scarecrow'tellas~ I have received considerable critique regarding my Letter to the White House, which I also posted onto Harry's comments section, and continue to send around New Orleans and the rest of the country. Given such a response, we should probably start composting the thing.
(Thanks fo'yo comment/letter Crescent City Ray!)
They argue that I am being rude and insensitive and giving the Neocoward After'Birthers ammo with which to flick wicked words at the Obama, with my statement to the President:
IT'S THE LEVEES STUPID.
They say people in Harry's audience might be offended or not understand. I know Herollero Harry Shearer understands.
I know my readership understands we have no time to "play nice".
I damn well know savvy political fixer Jim Carville reads the Ladder and understands, as he is where I got the inspiration.
And, just as when Carville nailed Big George Sr's defeat, I hope this works to bring us a better and truer candidate in the next Presidential Election --and I will work towards that goal should Obama continue to forget his place in New Orleans.
But in the interest of fairnes, how's this: OBAMA IS BULL SHITTING NEW ORLEANS FOR POLITICAL GAIN.
Obama needs to see real political consequences of continuing to keep his head in his ass about New Orleans. If not, then in 2012 Haley Babar and Bobblyhead "Zaphir" Jindoll will roll over his failed presidency like a fat cartoon elephant.
Just as there are No 2nd Chances with Catastrophic Engineering failures, there is No Crying in Politics. So suck it up, face the Line,
fix the problem or drown in your own damn'nation.
Give me a secret, bring me a sign,
give me a reason to walk The Line,
see another dawn through a daughter's eyes
---give me a reason to walk The Line.
Please listen and follow me down the back hand path,
down the long road home where I walk still never alone,
screaming across the sky as if this has happened before
though there is nothing to compare it to... now.
So many people who did not see those levees fail believe it should be so easy to wrap their head around, as if we could just send in a special Television unit and save a little girl, your mominem's little girl, I saw laying face down in the sunrise over a bloody holy cross dead and alone, floating in the water eyes down during that first week of the Federal Flood. There was no one else around, no parents, no aunts, no neighborhood, no city, no more mominem.
She was about 4 feet long, with those little hair ribbons and wore a dress with prints of butterflies on it. Butterflies for Goddess' sake. As dozens of military choppers danced overhead, the scene uncoiled my sense of taste and timing like a patient snake doctor.
I watched their reflections flit about the fetid waters which held the body of our lost soul, and realized that as surely as she was gone we would remain and shall see more of The Inferno from the Reaper's Exquisite Corps. I felt to believe in Redemption--only to find Vendetta in my own Resurrection, the taste of Noble Truth.
Buddha nailed it. Pilate nailed it. Dante nailed it. Pain is Real.

So if any of you have found a friend in God, please ask them for direction to the places they left those restless souls to drown in their own damn'nation, under rooftops, in their backyards, behind their family sofas, while their Grand Mas banged
against the walls, abandoned in Saint Rita's.
I don't really care what you think. I heard it all before the Breach.
Some may think they "know what it means"... to bet your soul
and find your self... losing. So give me a reason to walk The Line.
But please don't ask me to go easy on The One person we have elected to face down this rape of our nation and those who would Crucify Our Mother of Muses, New Orleans Sinn Féin Evermore.

Probe: New Orleans flood control pumps not reliable ~Peter Eisler
~Huge flood-control pumps installed in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina don't protect the city adequately and the Army Corps of Engineers could have saved $430 million in replacement costs by buying proven equipment, a federal investigation finds.
~Special Thanks HB from Open Sound New Orleans

Flooding in Katrina wasn't natural disaster

~WWNO interviews Sandy Rosenthal, founder of levees.org

New Orleans wants President Obama to stand with us
~Jarvis DeBerry

You may have noticed when you were in our city campaigning that people in New Orleans use phrases that aren't heard anywhere else. One of them is
"feel to believe," as in, "I feel to believe I'm going to get back in my house before this year's out."


That means the person is convinced both in his heart and in his head, that the depth of his feeling has prompted the more intellectual belief.

It's that kind of heart and head devotion that the people in this city are eager for you to exhibit. We don't want a president who just sees our pain -- whether he's flying above in Air Force One or golfing near the Atlantic

No comments: