Sunday, July 29, 2012


Steve Spagnuolo Impressed with New Orleans Saints Linebackers

From Bloomsburg to the ''Big Easy,'' Jahri Evans is all business ~Deke Bellavia, WWL

And the legend of “Spike” was born: The Tarpon Rodeo, hot tuna and old school politics ~Slabbed

The Thin Green Line ~Risk and Insurance
~There are a total of 14,500 levees included in the National Levee Database, according to an Army Corps spokesman. The levees are built and certified to Army Corps standards -- which require levees to withstand floods that occur once every 100 years. As much as 85 percent of the nation's levees are maintained by state and local governments, or the private sector, and the federal government is responsible for maintaining the remaining 15 percent. The Army Corps doesn't conduct flood modeling based upon the differences among periodic inspections of the levees in its Levee Safety Program, a spokesman for the Army Corps said.

Corps of Engineers denies Mississippi County's damage claim

Celebration of the Nation: Mardi Gras Indians Honored at Hall of Fame Ceremony ~NOLA DEFENDER

No comments: