Thursday, August 29, 2013

Environmental groups criticize Jindal copious oil donations ~Jeff Adelson, New Orleans Advocate

Green Groups Spotlight Big Oil Donations to Jindal Amid Coastal Lawsuit Saga ~NOLA DEFENDER

John Barry: We Sued the Oil Industry So New Orleans Can Survive ~National Geographic

An Economic Plan for New Orleans Beyond the Usual Suspects, Tourism and Oil ~Bill Bradley, Next City

Riveting interview: Lt. General Russell Honore

~Aerial view of New Orleans (August 31, 2005).  U.S. Navy photo by Jeremy L. Grisham. 
~Hat Tweet @defendnola

To Katrina: Without Whom We Would Not Be Here Right Now ~Paul Sanchez, offBeat
“I remember the next morning, my wife waking me to say that it was bad and me saying no it missed us and her shoving me awake saying over and over, “no, it’s bad, wake up, it’s really bad.” Coming awake I saw a sight which shocked me to silence and tears. The memory of it still does. I saw New Orleans, the city I was born and raised in, only I didn’t recognize it. I struggled to focus on this underwater nightmare of loss and desperation as my hometown.





No comments: